- completely ignored by America's press....
- Reported Saturday, Phil Jones, the head of the British Climatic Research Unit at the heart of ClimateGate, told the BBC: the recent warming trend that began in 1975 is not at all different than two other planetary warming phases since 1850;
- there has been no statistically significant warming since 1995, and; it is possible the Medieval Warm Period
- was indeed a global phenomenon
- thereby making the temperatures seen in the latter part of the 20th century
- by no means unprecedented.
Jones also admitted that he and his fellow scientists manipulated figures to hide a decline in crucial tree-ring data thereby questioning the validity of the entire global warming theory.
Despite the seriousness of these revelations, much as what happened when the ClimateGate scandal first broke, with the exception of Fox News, America's media have almost totally boycotted this amazing story:
- No mention by the New York Times
- No mention by the Washington Post
- No mention by USA Today
- No mention by ANY major U.S. newspaper EXCEPT the Washington Times
- No mention by the Associated Press
- No mention by Reuters
- No mention by UPI
- No mention by ABC News
- No mention by CBS News
- No mention by NBC News
- No mention by MSNBC ."...
from Newsbusters, "Climategater Jones' Stunning Revelations Ignored," by Noel Sheppard, 2/16/10, via Tom Nelson