- On their scorn of the Acorn tapes:
- Six days into an underground media sensation that caused the White House to force the
- Commerce Department to delink ACORN from the census on day two,
- CNN made the most sustained effort to blame the messenger and make the videos the issue.
Producers aggressively called Miss Giles, Mr. O'Keefe and me, imploring us to explain our journalistic tactics. I told them repeatedly that if they offered the videos a fair airing and let their audience decide, we'd agree to a Time Warner grilling.
- I also said we could have the debate on journalistic ethics after this story played out at a
- journalism school of their choice."....