*photo above anti big government protesters in DC 9/12/09*
- (These protesters would nullify the annexation of America's youth, particularly as Soros/Obama is doing it--reaching masses of children in settings where their parents are not usually present. First among those of course is the public schools).
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) launched a campaign Tuesday to entice the blue, brown and green-clad multitudes to be even more prepared, with the promise of a new patch if they pitch in.
The young scouts will be able to emblazon their sashes or vests with the patch if they
- undergo the training which readies them for an emergency.
"This new preparedness patch will increase citizen preparedness and enhance our country's readiness for disasters," said DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano in a statement.
"As a former Girl Scout, I know the 'Be Prepared' motto well, and I look forward to working with the Girl Scouts
- to spread the preparedness message to
- all of our nation's citizens."
The move is part of a month-long
- government effort
to make Americans better able to cope with natural and man-made disasters.
Napolitano has urged individuals, families and businesses to stock fresh water and food, and prepare an emergency plan -- to be enacted in the event of a disaster.
The unveiling of the patch marks a
a community-based initiative under the DHS's
- which coordinates national response to disasters....
Girl Scouts sell an astonishing 200 million boxes of cookies each year on average, according to the organization, which was founded in 1912 and chartered by the US Congress in 1950.
- It is not the first time the girl guides have been called into action in defense of the homeland."...
- "During World War II, Girl Scouts "operated bicycle courier services, invested more than 48,000 hours in Farm Aid projects, collected fat and scrap metal, and grew Victory Gardens," according to .
As the end of the second millennium neared and computers around the world were expected to be stricken with a debilitating bug, Girl Scouts were enlisted in some parts of the country to hand out advice about the threat poised by Y2K.
- After the September 11, 2001 attacks scouts hosted remembrance ceremonies and wrote thank-you letters to rescuer workers." (Which is nothing like what Obama is now doing).