- The problem is, major media will not report this, will not let go of the biggest political and financial crime in history enabled by weak and greedy politicians. Will not remind people that the planet changes naturally over time and can't possibly be affected by Goldman Sachs and carbon trading shakedown artists. At most they say,'recent stolen emails will not affect global science' or similar phraseology.
- The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.
The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.
In a statement on its website, the CRU said: “We do not hold the original raw data but only the
- value-added (quality controlled and homogenised) data.”
The CRU is the world’s leading centre for reconstructing past climate and temperatures. Climate change sceptics have long been keen to examine exactly how its data were compiled.
Roger Pielke, professor of environmental studies at Colorado University, discovered data had been lost when he asked for original records. “The CRU is basically saying, ‘Trust us’. So much for
- settling questions and resolving debates with science,” he said.
Jones was not in charge of the CRU when the data were thrown away in the 1980s, a time when climate change was seen as a less pressing issue.
- The lost material was used to build the databases that have been
- his life’s work,
- showing how the world has warmed by 0.8C over the past 157 years.
He and his colleagues say this temperature rise is “unequivocally” linked to greenhouse gas emissions generated by humans. Their findings are one of the main pieces of evidence used by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which says global warming is a threat to humanity." from "Climate Change Data Dumped," by Jonathan Leake
- ...So much for "the science."...
The idea was built gradually over time, the cure for its threat: merely trillions of dollars. The Climategate crew states some substantiating data has been irretrievably lost (Instrumental directory item 3) and as referenced above.
- Everyone--meaning the media--pretends that hasn't happened.
on the use of the global commons...Our very existence is now at risk."...
- Man made climate change does not exist, (see reference below to evidence of palm trees once growing in the Arctic)* but it's generating hundreds of billions of dollars. At the center of it since the beginning are elitists at the UK weather office.
- 1/2/2010: Telegraph UK, "The year 2007, it predicted, would be "the warmest ever" – just before global temperatures plunged by more than the entire net warming of the 20th century. Three years running it predicted warmer than average winters – as large parts of the northern hemisphere endured record cold and snowfalls.
- while Europe and the US look to be facing further weeks of intense cold.
- Over the past three years, it has become a laughing stock for forecasts which are invariably wrong in the same direction. ...
- Its then-director, Dr John Houghton, was the single most influential figure in setting up the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as
- the chief driver of climate alarmism.
- Its Hadley Centre for Climate Change, along with the East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU), was put in charge of the most
- prestigious of the four official global temperature records.
- From 1990 to 2007, the Department of the Environment gave the Met Office no less than £146 million for its "climate predictions programme".
But in the past three years, with the Met Office chaired by Robert Napier, a former global warming activist and previously head of WWF (World Wildlife Fund) UK, its pretensions have been exposed as never before. The "Climategate" leak of documents from the CRU,
- along with further revelations from Russian scientists, have shown the CRU/Met Office alliance systematically manipulating temperature data, past and present, to show the world growing warmer than the evidence justified.
- And those same computers used to predict temperatures 100 years ahead for the IPCC have also been used to produce those weather forecasts that prove
- so consistently wrong.
Scientific method has gone out of the window, to support a theory that looks more questionable than ever. The whole set-up – Met Office, Hadley Centre, the CRU, the IPCC – looks hopelessly compromised. It is a state of affairs so bizarre that it cries out for political intervention.
- Yet our politicians, from Gordon Brown and David Cameron down, are so in thrall to this new religion that they cannot see evidence staring them in the face – that the show has gone off the rails. How many more winters and summers will it take before sanity finally breaks in to put an end to this scandal?"
- Reference: "Climategate Reveals the Most Influential Tree in the World," 12/5/09, UK Telegraph, by Christopher Booker
- *10/26/09: "Palms once grew in ice-free Arctic new published science
- 11/9/09, University of Bristol press release, link to Knorr study on CO2 sequestration; CO2 may increase but other atmospheric influences (beyond man's control) are acting to mitigate its effect.
- And as things now stand, the earth is responding to anthropogenic CO2 emissions in a different (and perhaps better) manner than we thought that it would." via WUWT