- 2/16/10: "The Obama Administration has resisted any efforts at a full-scale investigation into the veracity of climate research."...
- 1/15/10: Obama gave $541,184 in US taxpayer 'stimulus' funds to Michael Mann.
- They're waiting for journals.
McShane and Wyner: A Statistical Analysis of Multiple Temperature Proxies: Are Reconstructions of Surface Temperatures Over the Last 1000 Years Reliable? (full text PDF, backup, Google Docs Viewer as a HTML)McShane and Wyner 2010 has 2.5 MB and 45 pages in this format and it shows that the MBH-selected proxies are actually leading to worse predictions than their fake data. The Mann proxies won't score well in their match against more sophisticated null hypotheses. You will find explicit sentences that you have seen written on this blog many times, for example
That is, the very method used in Mann et al. (1998)Well, this point has been known at least for 7 years but maybe, some of the people suddenly start to take notice when papers with this no-longer-original finding start to
guarantees the [hockey stick] shape of Figure 1. (Page 5)
- appear in conventional peer-reviewed journals.
- nasty folks and aggressive crackpots of Mann's type - who should spend their lives in jail -
- may prevent knowledge from disseminating for 7 years.
statistical studies don't count. Nothing counts according to them and why should it? They have Obama and the rest who have only contempt for US taxpayers and are happy to keep sending our money to climate guys).