- Obama's message that "other countries" aren't going to allow us to be as bad as we have been, eating so much, driving so much. They've really had it.
Pitching his message to Oregon's environmentally-conscious voters, Obama called on the United States to "lead by example" on global warming, and develop new technologies at home which could be exported to developing countries. From "Obama camp spies end game in Oregon," AFP, 5/16/08:
- "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and
- then just expect that other countries are going to
- say OK," Obama said.
- The last time a passive mentality like this existed 900 people quietly
- committed mass suicide. Jim Jones followers in Guyana in 1978. ed.
P.S. It's wonderful the Yankees didn't get to the World Series, because it would have been selfish. Discretionary driving of course must be cut out completely, which means ball games. As Obama said, other countries won't allow it. So it's good fans won't be selfish and go to more games. ed.
Taj Majal Hotel, photo via Weasel Zippers